Tuesday 9 June 2009

In The Mood For Entertaining

1.Spanish Nuts - just the thing fo a glass of sherry!
2. Raspberry and Elderflower Creams
3. Maple Glazed Gammon with warm Pineapple Salse and Crispy Potatoes
4. St Clements Drizzle Cake, a wow cake!
Well my latest cook book obsession arrived ten days ago, and I absolutely love it! The new one is In The Mood For Entertaining by Jo Pratt, a follow up to her In The Mood For Food in 2007. I liked her first book a lot – so pink and girly and fabulous recipes, but I like this new one even more! The recipes, layout, text, photography and the pretty hand drawings of foodie bits and pieces make for a stunning book. It’s divided into four chapters for when you might be in the mood for entertaining, I think I’ve marked more than half the book! Her recipes look so good (and the ones I’ve cooked taste lovely too), they are really do-able and as an added bonus, usually they are reasonably healthy too, result on all fronts.
5& 6. Pork Stroganoff with Red Pepper Rice
7. Pecan and Pear Tarts
I’ve decided to do another blog cooking project from this one, as I feel it’ll be the book of the moment for some time to come. I’ll number the recipes, just to keep track of what I’ve done. There will be othr books, as always. Hope you enjoy the posts.
8. Blue Cheese Macaroni Gratin
9. Chocolate Crunch Bites
Here is the recipe for her paella at UKTV Food, which is served cold in cupcake cakes in the book, I served it hot one night and then cold for lunch the next day, both were lovely.

10. Paella

19 comments:

Coby said...

I can feel your excitement through the monitor of my computer K-J! I look forward to more because what you have there has me positively drooling! If it were anyone else than you, I'd have trouble believing Jo Pratt could have outdone her last book :)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

I love it when you've been really busy in the kitchen. I loved the first book too, didn't even realise she had a second book out but will keep an eye out now.

Hope you're all well!! xxx

Helen said...

Ooh, I've had my eye on this book for a while but your post has convinced me that I need it NOW! : )

Mrs. L said...

The Raspberry and Elderflower Creams sound great. All the dishes pictured sound good actually!

Dutch girl bakes said...

wouwww I want to eat them all!

Anne said...

That will be another book to wedge in the bookshelf then!

I love her previous book so think will have to put this on my wish list, so many delish recipes to try!

Cynthia said...

You're in the mood for entertaining, you made all this great food and I was not invited. What's up with that? :)

Maggie said...

Wow! They all look fabulous.
I bought this book last week and like In the Mood for Food it's a must have book.

hungryandfrozen said...

Oh wow! Must track down this book. Everything sounds just so...right. I envy anyone lucky enough to be fed by you lately!

Furniture removals said...

can i have one?so yummy

♥Rosie♥ said...

The love of this book shines through in your photos and writing K.J. I have this book in my wish list to buy and now I know it's going to be such a treat to own.

Everything looks amazing - id you ever want a food sampler let me know ;0)

Nanc Twop said...

#2. Raspberry and Elderflower Creams - looks very nice.

But where do you find elderflowers?

(at an old florist? ;-)

Kelly-Jane said...

Hi Nanc,

The elderflower comes in the form of elderflower cordial, fortunately :)

Kelly-Jane

Alisa@Foodista said...

Wow!A feast fit for kings! That is awesome!I have to find that cookbook!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Kelly

After viewing all your delicious creations I have just ordered this book which has been in my wishlist! Everything looks amazing and I can't wait for the postman to deliver my book now.

Maria
x

Kelly-Jane said...

Thank you all for your comments!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Your food looks amazing as does your tableware! Would you mind telling me where you got the plates you served your maple gammon on? they're gorgeous!

Kelly-Jane said...

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for your compliments!

The plate under the gammon is from Portmeirion and the pattern is 'Love and Peace'. The bowl the almonds are served in is also from the same pattern.

The design isn't available anymore, but I have spotted some new bits and pieces still for purchase on ebay if that helps any :)

KJxx

Kimberly nut said...

Yes, in the mood for entertaining, made all this great food. Your dish looks so beautiful with the colors. I love spanish nuts, elderflower creams, pork stroganoff with red pepper rice but spacialy I love blue cheese macaroni gratin recipe. Dude This recipe is bomb and all my friend love. My mouth is watering—amazing photo! Awesome! So going to try this! I can't wait to make this next week. Thanks so much for sharing.